A vital part of student success at Transitions Learning Center is the student dress code or school uniform. Every student at the Transitions Learning Center must adhere to the following dress code requirements on a daily basis:
- Shirt: A solid white shirt with a collar is to be worn by all students. The shirt maybe a buttoned oxford or polo style shirt with long or short sleeves. If there is a logo on the chest of the shirt it must be smaller than a quarter and logos cannot contain the color red. Shirt must be properly tucked in at all times.
- Undershirts: Students may wear an undershirt beneath his or her collared shirt. The undershirt must be black, white or gray with no print or logo. Undergarments should not be visible at anytime.
- Pants: Twill khaki colored pants/slacks with belt loops will be worn by male and female students. The pants cannot have an elastic waist band or elastic ankle bands. The pants cannot have metal rivets or designer buttons on the pockets. There will be no denim, spandex or carhart style pant allowed. Pants must be clean and intact, no holes, rips or tears. Pants must be slack style pants, no cargo, jogger, skinny pant, legging or jegging style pant will be permitted. Pants must be worn at the waist.
- Belts: Black or brown belts can be worn. Belts cannot have designer buckles and must be threaded through loops properly.
- Shoes: Student shoes must be white/black/brown/gray. There can be no other color on the shoe or the shoe laces. Shoes must be tied properly. Shoes must match each other. Flip flops, crocks, bedroom shoes, knee high boots, fringed boots or Ugg style boots are not permitted.
- Socks: Socks should match and should be black, white, brown or gray.
- Jackets: Jackets or coats must be checked in and hung up in the front office. Students may wear a solid black sweatshirt over his or her white shirt if desired. No hoodie style sweatshirts will be allowed.
- Jewelry: Necklaces will not be worn outside of clothing. Small to medium earrings are allowed when worn in the ears. Gauges are not permitted. The only wrist jewelry allowed is a watch. No bracelets, rubber bands, hair scrunchies will be allowed on the arm. Students shall not wear nose rings, tongue rings, pins, bolts or any other facial or body piercings.
- Misc: A student may not wear his or her hair in extreme colors such as red, blue, green, pink etc. Only prescriptions glasses are allowed in the school building. No head bands, scarves, bandannas or hats of any kind shall be worn on campus . Thin headbands maybe worn in the hair as long as they are black, white, brown or gray.